Day 14th: Cook something to bring a villain back from the dark side – could your chocolate brownies have turned Darth Vader back from the dark side?
We could argue over whether the villain I’ve picked is actually a villain or not. I mean Sarah asked him to take her baby brother and he did!
“Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that the child be taken. I took him. You cowered before me, I was frightening. I have reordered time. I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all for *you*! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations of me. Isn’t that generous?”
Jareth’s Peach CrumbleIngredients
- 2 tins of peaches drained or 500g fresh sliced peaches
- 200g gluten free plain flour (or use normal plain flour)
- 100g light brown sugar
- 110g margarine (I used a block of vitalite)
- flaked almonds to sprinkle on top before baking (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C while you prepare the crumble.
- Pour the peaches into an oven dish and sprinkle over the cinnamon. Toss the peaches so that they are evenly coated.
- In a large bowl add the flour and margarine and use your fingers to rub them together until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and mix together well.
- Pour the crumble over the top of the peaches.
- Place the dish in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown and the peaches are bubbling.
- Serve with cream or custard!