Welcome to the second week of Vegan MOFO! I’ve already fallen behind a bit as I didn’t post yesterday or the day before. Sorry for my absence but I was exhausted after work!
As it’s Wildcard Wednesday I have a quick recipe for you which doesn’t fall under my “Veganising Recipes from Cookbooks” theme. This omelette is adapted from a recipe from A Vegan Obsession for a Vegg frittata. I make these frittatas all the time when I’m too lazy to cook properly and I’ve made lots of different varieties! Yesterday I decided to add some cheese into my frittata to make it into a cheesy omelette. Here’s my adaptation!
5 tsp Vegg powder
1 cup of gluten free flour
1 cup of water
Handful of mushrooms
A few asparagus stalks
2 slices of Violife Hot Pepper cheese
1) Thinly slice your mushrooms and cut your asparagus into pieces
2) Fry the mushrooms in a small amount of olive oil
3) Blend the vegg with the water using a handheld blender
4) Add the flour and blend
5) Add the asparagus to the frying pan and pour over the vegg mixture
6) Cook for around 4 minutes or until the sides of the omelette can be lifted with a spatula and bubbles are forming on top
7) Shred the cheese and sprinkle on the top before placing under the grill
8) Cook until browned on top and cooked all the way through
9) Enjoy with a splash of worcester sauce and some ketchup!
How do you enjoy your Vegg?