Welcome to day 20 of Vegan MoFo! Today we’re up to R in our A-Z of gluten free veganism and I want to share a recipe for a gorgeous autumn risotto that I made this week.
When I look at our vegetable rack the day before our next vegetable box comes it’s usually pretty empty! Carrots are often still available as they’re a vegetable that doesn’t go off as quickly so they can be left all week. On Thursday I managed to rustle up three carrots and a leek and thought they’d go well in a creamy risotto.
Carrot & Coriander Risotto
– 3 carrots
– 1 leek
– 150g arborio rice
– vegetable stock
– 2 tbsp dried coriander
– 1 tbsp mixed herbs
– handful of chopped walnuts
– nutritional yeast (to taste)
– fry the chopped leek in a little oil until cooked
– add the arborio rice and herbs and mix well
– add a small amount of vegetable stock and cook until absorbed, stirring constantly
– keep adding stock and stirring until absorbed for around 15 minutes
– grate the carrots (I used a food processor for this!) and add to the rice mixture along with the walnuts
– cook for another 5-10 minutes until the rice is soft and the carrot is cooked through
– mix in the nutritional yeast and serve straight away
What is your favourite variety of risotto?