It’s the 14th day of vegan mofo! We’re halfway through this fantastic month of food! Today we’re up to L in our alphabet and I’m going to talk to you quickly about packed lunches.
I found it very difficult to figure out what I could take to work for lunch when I went gluten free but after a while my eyes opened to all the possibilities! Here are a few of my favourites:
- Empty the fridge type salads – I use any vegetables I have and then add bits of leftovers, roasted veg, nuts, seeds, hummus, olives, tortilla chips or whatever else I have on hand!
- Soup – I have a food flask which I put home made soup in for a nice warm lunch
- Rice paper rolls – filled with salad
- Gluten free sandwiches/wraps – with home made bread
- Leftovers – many can be eaten cold (rice or pasta in particular!)
What are your favourite packed lunches?