The rain was pelting against the window and I was craving the ultimate comfort food… lasagne. That’s where this amazing dish came from! Last time I made a lasagne I used green lentils and it was lovely. This time I tried it with red lentils and it was even nicer!
The dijon cheeze sauce I used was from Chocolate and Beyond. I left out the nutritional yeast as I didn’t have any and I used almond milk instead of soya. It was a gorgeous full flavoured sauce and I highly recommend it!
1 Cup Red Lentils
1 Red Pepper
1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
1 Stock Cube
1.5 Cups Water
Gluten Free Lasagne Sheets (I used Orgran)
1 Recipe Cheezy Dijon Sauce
1) Fry the onion in a little olive oil until soft then add the chopped carrot and red pepper and cook for a few minutes
2) Add the red lentils, chopped tomatoes, stock cube and water. Bring to the boil and then simmer for around 30 minutes until the lentils have broken down.
3) Prepare the Cheeze sauce and boil the lasagne sheets until slightly soft.
4) Add some of the lentil mixture to an ovenproof dish and add some of the cheeze sauce then a layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat and then top with some more cheeze sauce and some slices of chopped tomato.
5) Bake for around 20 minutes at 180 degrees C.